Roles I Play In A Transaction
Three Distinctive Roles I Perform During the Course of a Transaction.
Role 1: Consultant
- I ask questions.
- I take the risk of asking questions.
- I discover what?s important to you.
- I lead and your choices are easy.
- I listen vigilantly (to understand what?s important to you).
- I craft a strategic process for you.
- I define problems.
- I anticipate obstacles.
- I identify solutions.
- I balance everyone?s needs.
- I recognize my mistakes openly.
- I am willing to change.
- I admit my biases.
- I help you realize your dreams.
Role 2: Negotiator
- I am like a pit bull.
- I am skilled, experienced and focused.
- I critically examine assumptions.
- I skillfully articulate.
- I am worth it.
- I am responsible.
- I anticipate.
- I identify flaws.
- I am committed to you.
Role 3: I Oversee All the Transactional Details
- I oversee details.
- I dot the is and cross the ts.
- I integrate complexity.
- I am your pilot.
- I understand turbulence.
- I recognize the need for accurate information.
- I see multiple perspectives.
- I identify unintended consequences.
- I recognize details so you can relax.
- I consider effects and consequences.
- I encourage feedback.